What Does it Take to be an Entrepreneur? Jun 26 2017, Author Name
The great dreamer Walt Disney once said, “The way to get started is to quit talking and start doing.” But for an entrepreneur, sometimes it’s not that clear. How do you get started? How can you know if you’re cut out for this thing called entrepreneurialism? There are several qualities that are necessary for someone to be a successful entrepreneur. Master these and you’ll be well on your way.
Here, then, are our picks for the most important qualities an entrepreneur must have.
1. Be a risk taker. If you’re going to be a successful entrepreneur, you have to be willing to take risks, to put yourself on the line each and every day.
Each day you will be presented with a myriad of problems. Some problems you might be able to put on a back burner while others will require quick and clear responses. Often, your response to a problem or challenge might be to take a risk. Without risk, there is no reward, you tell yourself. And that’s the proper way of looking at things. In order to be a successful entrepreneur, the willingness to take risks is essential.
2. Being smart. We all think we’re smart, and most of us are, but you also have to be “business smart”. That is, you should be clever and sharp in all business dealings. You should able to think on your feet and make decisions quickly and with clear intentions. When you’re smart, you have the ability to gain the trust and respect of your clients, customers and colleagues.
3. Honesty. While some entrepreneurs might operate with an air of dishonesty, it’s certainly not a good idea. Some experts have theorized that roughly 70 to 80 percent of an entrepreneur’s time is spent attracting and maintaining customers. This makes sense – after all, without customers you have no business really. But if you aren’t someone who projects an air of honesty and who instills trust in these potential and current customers, you can have a long, hard road to business success.
If you aren’t inherently honest, this is a particular trait you want to work on developing. It’s critically important to your success in business.
4. Leadership. Not everyone is a natural-born leader. Some people have to work on this skill. If you have always been told you’re a natural leader or you know this fact about yourself, refine it and utilize it in your business. As an entrepreneur, you will want to offer natural leadership to others – you should provide influence and guidance.
5. Passion. We aren’t saying you have to be a passionate person in general, but passion for business – for your business -- is incredibly important. Other people will feed off your energy when you’re passionate and that will likely extend to success in business.
6. Be at the cutting edge. With technology, that is. Find new ways to reach customers and get their engagement. One option is door hangers and flyers delivered door-to-door with live GPS tracking. Take 1 Marketing has been a leader in flyer marketing for more than 12 years and is always ahead of the curve with technology. Talk to us today about your options! With these skills, there is much you can achieve as an entrepreneur. There are boundless opportunities for success, so be sure to get yours.